So, now is the time for the resolutions to start and what better way to start the year than by giving up smoking?
Speaking from experience*, I know it is one of the hardest things to do and requires huge amounts of mental strength and physical will. But, if you need a little bit more motivation than that, here are ten more good reasons to stop:
- If you smoke 20 a day and stop today, you'll be £2000 richer by next Christmas.
- In 20 minutes, your blood pressure and heart rate return to normal
- In three days, your breathing will be easier and you'll feel more energetic
- In one year, your risk of having a heart attack is about halved from when you still smoked
- Even if you've tried to give up before, try again....most people need a couple of attempts to stay stopped
- Your family will thank you for stopping. Kids exposed to second hand smoke are more at risk of cot death, asthma, chest infections and diabetes
- If you stay stopped for 10 years, your lung cancer risk is half that of someone who still smokes.....it's never too late to stop.
- By the end of January, you could have nearly £200 in spare cash!
- You won't need to go outside for a fag in the middle of winter
- We can help you!!!!
*My last cigarette was eight years ago, but some days it feels like yesterday and I still never say, never - just "not today, thanks"