Tuesday 28 January 2014

Not all echinaceas are the same

I am on my second cold of the season. It is boring!

The first one was over Christmas and I blame my two small germ carriers (delightful though they are!) for most of the snotty noses and coughs and sneezes in our house. This time I decided to do my own small scale study on Echinacea,

I like the A Vogel products. The brand is well supported with great campaigns and good educational support for the pharmacy team and for customers. 
I have been using Echinaforce drops since starting with a sore throat last Thursday and I have to say I am quite impressed. you add 15 drops to water three times a day. Easy enough to and not unpleasant tasting.

Research has shown that Echinacea 

  • strengthens the immune system
  • is anti-viral 
  • is anti-inflammatory
A Vogel Echinacea use a combination of the herb ad the root from the plant. This makes sense to me and has been shown to have a greater effect that either the herb or the root alone. 


Although I still have a stuffy nose, this cold has really not come to much whilst others around me have taken to there beds. Perhaps it is luck, but I am certainly convinced enough to try it next time.

At Barnton Pharmacy we can give you advice on a rage of herbal alternatives and natural products to help you feel great through the winter months.

No comments:

Post a Comment