Barnton Pharmacy are shortlisted in two categories*; "Scottish Community Pharmacy of the Year" and "Alphega Pharmacy UK Pharmacy of the Year"
We are really pleased that our achievements since March 2010 are being recognised and all the hard work we have put in seems to be paying off. However, we are often so busy looking forward that we forget to look back and celebrate exactly what we have achieved. I thought I would use this blogging chance to do just that.
Since March 2010 we have:
- increased our prescription volume by about 20%
- 20 times more patients signed up to the minor ailments service who consult us regularly for their health concerns.
- a very successful smoking cessation service with excellent quit rates
- improved our customer service - judging by the chocolates and cards we receive from our loyal customers....it seems to have.
- helped many people lose weight through our weight management programme
- delivered on our vision of offering great pharmaceutical care in the community.
The fact that both Leanne and I can disappear to London and leave Hazel, Sandra and Willie to run the show is a credit to them! Thank you....now did I mention I've got a train to catch!
*Watch this space for whether we win or not.